Download our full user guide here: Using Yulio with SketchUp.
This guide outlines the steps you’ll need to follow create cubemaps from SketchUp. Once completed, use the output to author Virtual Reality projects using Yulio!
Before you begin, review this checklist to make sure you’ve got everything you need to get started:
– SketchUp 2015 or higher (64-bit version for Windows)
– A scene that has been authored using SketchUp
– If using VRay, version 2.00.26494 (adv) or higher
– Note: VRay 3 for SketchUp 2017 is currently not supported
– Download the Yulio for SketchUp plugin from the CAD Plugins page
– Install Yulio for SketchUp plugin
Author and prepare your scene for rendering. Check in with the camera positioning and lighting to make sure that your scene is optimized for virtual reality.
Authorize SketchUp to Access your Yulio Account.
Select Yulio for SketchUp plugin from the toolbar.
Enter your email associated to your Yulio account.
Check your email and authorize SketchUp to access your Yulio account by selecting “Confirm Plugin Activation”.
Now you’re ready to begin rendering your scene for VR. Select Yulio plugin from the toolbar to get started.
Select your render engine, scenes and upload location. The will always save a copy of the cubemap to your computer. Alternatively, the plugin can upload cubemap(s) directly to your account. Select Upload to Yulio.
Once you’ve selected your options, hit the begin render button.
Render and Upload In progress…
Rendering is complete!
Check out our YouTube channel for more info & tutorials.