Create Folders & Assign Folder Permissions
Yulio’s folder permissions allow you to set up VR project folders to match your workflow – you can create folders by user, by project, by client name, by type of project, etc.
You can set permissions to individual folders, to protect work from accidental edits or deletions and better satisfy your clients’ NDA or privacy requirements.
On the Projects page, you’ll see a list of folders on the left. The general folder that every user on your account with a Yulio seat has access to, is called “Team.” All of your projects are in this Team folder, until you decide what other folder structure you want to use. Or you can leave them as is and continue storing everything in the Team folder indefinitely.
The solid black folders are private folders to you or anyone you have given access to.
To create a new folder, hit the Create New Folder button.
Simply drag folders to move them.
VR projects can be created directly in the Team folder to appear on the home page. You can also now create sub folders under the Team folder. Everyone in your company with a Yulio seat will have access to the sub folders and VR projects under/in the Team folder.
This is a good way to opt out of using folder permissions (for customers who don’t necessarily need a permission model)
Setting Individual Folder Permissions:
Once you’ve created a new private folder, Admin users can adjust folder permissions, by picking from a drop down list of Yulio users and assigning a permission level. They can also provide access to all users.
To assign user permissions, highlight the folder you would like to edit and then click on the three dots next to the folder name.
Then select Permission.
Here you can manage folder access by adding users, adding all users and removing users.
Here are a couple of tips on Folder Permissions:
- Administrators can grant user folder access in the folder settings page for a given folder
- Administrators can add all users and remove all users or they can search and add users using the Add function
- Administrators always have full access to all folders, regardless of login
- Any time a new user is added that is an Author or Associate, they will have access to the Shared folder but, nothing else by default. An administrator must add the user to non-shared folders.
- When a user is granted access to a folder, they get access to all its contents and the child folders within the folder.
- Users can only see folders they have access to. Any folder they do not have access to will be hidden.
- When a user’s permissions are removed from a folder, they also lose access to all the subfolders and content within.
- The permissions to Create or Edit within a given folder is still determined based on their role. Ex. Author, Associate
- Administrators also have the ability to Move folders
- New plugins will be released which will allow CAD users to select the folder they would like to upload to
- Only folders that they have access to will be exposed in the plugins (SketchUp, Rhino, CET)
Folder permissions will help you organize and control access to your projects, and are part of our commitment to making VR a simple and intuitive part of your workflow.
Check out our YouTube channel for more info & tutorials.