Collaborate: What is it and how can I use it?
What is Collaborate?
Collaborate is available in all accounts. To create a custom plan that fits your business needs, call us at 1-844-310-3429 or email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I launch a Collaborate Session?
A Collaborate session will immediately start, using the first project (the one at the top of the list) in your Device Lobby. If you’d like to change which project auto-launches, you can do so by re-ordering VR projects in your Device Lobby.
Or, Choose the “Select Project” icon to see a list of your projects – your Device Lobby will appear first on the list, as these are likely your most used projects.
How to Join a Collaborate Session
Collaborate In a VR Headset
Launching a Collaborate session from your Yulio account will automatically open the session in any headsets bound to your account, so make sure you know which project is being shown before turning the headset over. You’ll see a gazed indicator for the headset in Collaborate, as well, and know just where people are looking in the scene.
Clicking the Gear icon at the left hand side of the Collaborate panel will open the settings available in Collaborate.
- Crosshair: is the center indicator on the scene and allows you to find the middle again if you become ‘lost’
- Explore Mode Autoplay: Explore mode will automatically start panning around the current scene
- Auto Load First Lobby Project: can be turned on or off according to your preference. It makes it easier to jump straight into collaborate, if you have ensured your lobby is reflecting the projects you want to show. You can always switch scenes using the icon on the top right if it is not the correct one. Auto load is on by default for new accounts. If you turn this feature off, you will need to use your headset to gaze at the 4-digit collaborate code after you launch a session
- Presenter Gaze: The circles which show the participants’ view of the scene
- Audio Hotspots: Enabling audio for all participants will trigger an audio hotspot for each participant. It may get distracting, so we recommend leaving this off and having only the presenter trigger the audio
- Text/Image Annotations: These can be triggered by anyone exploring the scene, or just the presenter
- Floorplan: is the navigation overlay for the scene. If you have one in your project, this will allow you to leave it on for all participants, or only the presenter
Check out our YouTube channel for more info & tutorials.
Back to all Knowledge Base articles