Collaborate: What is it and how can I use it?
What is Collaborate?
Collaborate is Yulio’s most used feature. Think of it like a presentation mode, which allows you to see what other people are seeing, guide them to a spotlighted area and have everyone meeting in the same virtual space. People you’re meeting with in-person will all be in the same session on headsets, and remote participants can join from anywhere, in headset or our browser-based fishtank mode.
How do I launch a Collaborate Session?
To start a Collaborate session, make sure you’re signed in on yulio.com, select Tools from the top navigation bar and then click Collaborate.
A Collaborate session will immediately start, using the first project (the one at the top of the list) in your Device Lobby. If you’d like to change which project auto-launches, you can do so by re-ordering VR projects in your Device Lobby.
Or, choose the “Select Project” icon to see a list of your projects – your Device Lobby will appear first on the list, as these are likely your most used projects.
If a project does not auto-launch, hit the Start Collaborating button to select a VR project and begin Collaborating.
How to Join a Collaborate Session
In the Participant Panel on the left you will see a code for guests to join your collaborate session, go to live.yulio.com on your internet browser. Then enter your name and the provided 4 digit code.
To join in VR, go to live.yulio.com in your internet browser on your phone and then follow the same steps. Make sure you have the Yulio Viewer app downloaded on your device. The Yulio Viewer app is available for download from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and the Oculus Store.
When someone joins, you’ll see a change in the Participant count, and a ‘gaze indicator’ to see what they are looking at.
You can keep presenter control, or give presenter control to any participant to follow that person around the scene, get feedback and see what catches their attention.
To give presenter control to a participant, click the Follow icon beside their name in the Participant Panel.
Collaborate In a VR Headset
Launching a Collaborate session from your Yulio account will automatically open the session in any headsets bound to your account, so make sure you know which project is being shown before turning the headset over. You’ll see a gazed indicator for the headset in Collaborate, as well, and know just where people are looking in the scene.
Clicking the Gear icon at the left hand side of the Collaborate panel will open the settings available in Collaborate.
- Crosshair: is the center indicator on the scene and allows you to find the middle again if you become ‘lost’
- Explore Mode Autoplay: Explore mode will automatically start panning around the current scene
- Auto Load First Lobby Project: can be turned on or off according to your preference. It makes it easier to jump straight into collaborate, if you have ensured your lobby is reflecting the projects you want to show. You can always switch scenes using the icon on the top-right if it is not the correct one. Autoload is on by default for new accounts. If you turn this feature off, you will need to use your headset to gaze at the 4-digit collaborate code after you launch a session
- Presenter Gaze: The circles which show the participants’ view of the scene
- Audio Hotspots: Enabling audio for all participants will trigger an audio hotspot for each participant. It may get distracting, so we recommend leaving this off and having only the presenter trigger the audio
- Text/Image Annotations: These can be triggered by anyone exploring the scene, or just the presenter
- Floorplan: is the navigation overlay for the scene. If you have one in your project, this will allow you to leave it on for all participants, or only the presenter
Check out our YouTube channel for more info & tutorials.